Follow these steps before you arrive for your show for the most stress-free experience:
1. Assume the venue won't have public access to internet, and add your tickets to your phone before you arrive at the theater.
2. Fully charge your mobile device the day of the show.
3. Display your ticket on your phone at the brightest screen setting possible, so the scanner is able to recognize it.
4. Transferring tickets to friends? Do it before you arrive so they are all set.
5. Keep your tickets out until you are seated. The usher may ask you for them after you are scanned in, so that they may find your seats for you!